Port security and maritime operations pose unique security challenges for shipping, logistics, importers/exporters and government border agencies. Ports are often the main gateway for cargo ships, small cruise liners, fishing vessels and many others. Security threats have increased over the decades as international trade continues to grow.
Vietnam Customs Agency (Hải quan Việt Nam)
The VCA focuses on proper import/export of goods for prosperity of the country but more importantly for national safety & security. The value of goods entering/exiting Vietnam’s border every day makes it a prime target for opportunistic thefts & organized crime to target whether for theft or smuggling contraband. Their policies on what can be imported/exported legally through Vietnam’s ports demand increased security postures as the threats are much more significant.
Increased Security Postures
Due to increased security requirements at ports of entry, we are required to meet additional security requirements which calls for an increase in security posture. For some organizations, this can be significantly exhaust resources and personnel.
Through proper planning, supplementary resources and years of experience our organization is capable of manning multiple ports processing significant products & goods for entire countries. This requires extensive planning and logistical support with leaders who have significant port security management experience that few organizations can provide.
Port Operations Training Program
This is primarily focused on safety & security for operating on ground at the port itself. Key topics it encompasses:
- Management of Vehicles and Personnel Accessing Port Authority Property
- Enforcement of Vietnamese Port Authority Regulations and Laws.
- Management of Port Shore Access by Pedestrians
- Maintenance of Equipment and Port Facilities
- Port Authority Reporting & Communication Procedures
- Basic First Aid & Emergency Response Protocols
- Active Shooter Response
- Anti-Terrorism Response
- Swimming & Diving Course
- Port Customs & Border Defense Forces Operations
Maritime Vessel Operations Training Program
This primarily focuses on safety & security operations while on a marine vessel. Key topics it encompasses:
- Lethal & Non-Lethal Weapons Training
- Basic Maritime Vessel Operations
- Emergency response on Maritime Vessels
- Anti-Piracy Response on Maritime Vessels
- Anti-Terrorism Response on Maritime Vessels
- Basic First Aid & Emergency Protocols
- Radio Communication
- Swimming & Diving Course
Port Security | Security that matters
We feel everyone would agree that port & maritime operations security is a sensitive industry. Not only are facilities, maritime vessels and private goods being protected but also national security & safety…and we are proud to say we assist in the protection of Vietnam.
Contact PMV Security today to schedule a consultation.
Think you have what it takes to be a Port Authority Security Guard? Check out our open positions or send us your CV.