HOW TO USE A FIRE EXTINGUISHER
There’re 2 types of fire extinguishers: powder and gas. A fire extinguisher is composed of cylinder, safety clip, nozzle, handle and pressure gauge. The cylinder is painted red and its body is indicated by a manufacturer label and feature symbols (see figure below). although
2. Features and uses:
- A powder fire extinguisher contains Nitrogen (N2) that pushes the powder to extinguish the fire. The powder is not toxic, non-conductive and highly effective for fire extinguishment. also
- A CO2 fire extinguisher contains CO2 at – 79oC. The CO2 is highly pressurized and converted into liquid, so it’s very effective for any fire occurred from electrical devices, fire in a closed room or fire in the basement.
3. Directions for fire extinguisher:
- Hold a fire extinguisher and run close to the fire. Shake the extinguisher 3-4 times (if powder fire extinguisher) while running. moreover
- Pull the safety pin and use one hand to aim the nozzle at the base of the fire while the other hand squeezes the handle. besides
- Keep an initial distance of about 1.5m away from the fire, then both spray the extinguisher and come close to the fire for example
- Sweep the nozzle side to side to extinguish the fire completely. again
4. Directions for wheeled fire extinguisher:
- Take the wheeled fire extinguisher close to the fire, then pull the hose from the roller and aim the powder hydrant at the base of the fire.
- Pull the s
afety pin and pull the main valve on the mouth of the extinguisher at right angle to the ground.
- Hold the hydrant, follow favorable wind and squeeze the handle to spray the powder.
* Notes: despite
- Opening the shutoff valve of each fire extinguisher depends on its own shutoff valve structure.
- It’s required to stand in front of wind direction (outdoor fire) and stand near the door (indoor fire) during spraying.
- The extinguisher should be held uprightly during spraying. The spraying is stopped only when the fire is extinguished completely.